Brows have always been the most difficult part of my make up routine, and it’s taken trial and error to get them to perfection. My brows are pretty sparse and because I have combination skin with an oily T zone, most of the brow pencil will fade by the evening. I’ve finally found a way that keeps them looking good all day, so if you’re struggling with your brows I hope you’ll find this post to be helpful!
- Anastasia Brow Stencils – I bought these brow stencils in Nordstrom ten years ago and they are still as good as new! Worth every penny.
- Mini Scissors – For trimming the longer brow hairs.
- Mini Brow Razor – I find the mini razors so much easier to use than the regular sized ones.
- Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezers – Picked this up at Sephora ten years ago during Christmas and I can’t live without it!
- Shiseido Eye Brow Pencil (Deep Brown BR 602) – I bought this pencil more than five years ago and it’s the perfect color for my brows. The mini brush on the other end makes it easy to blend out without having to reach for a separate brush. I have deep brown/black hair, finding the right shade of color for them is tricky. Using pure black makes me look like I have coal strips on my brows, but some dark brown colors out there are much too dark. I don’t know what I’ll do if I ever run out of this pencil as I don’t feel all that comfortable buying products from Japan at the moment. I hear that the nuclear plants are still leaking from the tsunami a few years back.
- Clio Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow (Dark Brown) – This became a holy grail product as soon as I tried it on. It doesn’t come off by the end of the day and fills in the sparse areas of my brow perfectly. It has a felt marker tip that makes it a cinch to use and is possibly the best brow product I have ever used. Apparently it can be used as a temporary tattoo if left on over night, but I prefer to remove all my makeup before I go to bed.
5 Step Brow Routine
- Using the brow stencil as a guide, I use the mini scissors to trim the longer hairs. When I was a beginner, I filled in my brow with a pencil before taking the stencil off to trim, but now I just make a mental note of where to start trimming.
- Using the tweezer, I tweeze any stray hairs below the brow.
- Use the razor to very carefully shave any hairs above the brow and beside the tail of the brow.
- Use the stencil and fill in the brow with the brow tattoo marker. The stencil makes it so that the marker doesn’t fill the entire shape (unless I dig the tip into the edge of the stencil), which is perfect because I use the pencil for that.
- After I take the stencil off, I use the brow pencil to finish the outline of my brow and blend it in using the brush at the end of the pencil.
- Use razor to cut long hairs and shave under the brow line.
- Use the brow tattoo marker to fill in the brow.
- Run out the door.
Your turn ♥ What are your favorite brow products?